No bake lemon yogurt tart/pudding/cassata
So I whipped this awesome tartie thingie quite some time back and I completely forgot to blog about it!
I really love the acerbic taste of a fresh lemon and tart lemon pies and puddings but lemon curd based desserts are just so rich! All the egg yolks and sugar it’s to egg-y and heavy for my liking.
Yogurt is another one of my favourites and I just love how flavoured yogurt can capture fruit flavours and lend a light and summery mouthfeel.
So I mixed them both up. The results were pretty good; got a nice no-bake pudding/tart/frozen dessert; almost like a lemony cassata.
What you need:
1 pack of lemon flavoured pudding mix
1 cup of strained or greek style yogurt
sugar as per taste
1 tbs fresh lemon juice and rind
1/2 tsp lemon essence
10 digestive biscuits broken into chunks
1/2 cup glace fruits, nuts and fresh fruit chunks (fresh fruit is optional)
What to do:
1. prepare the lemon pudding and set aside to cool (should be equvivalent to one cup)
2. Put the digestive biscuits in a deep dish
3. Beat yogurt with sugar, lemon juice and essence
4. Mix cooled pudding with yogurt and gently fold in the glace fruit and nuts
5. Pour over digestive biscuits
6. Freeze till set. Garnish with fresh fruit or lemon slices. Cut into slices and serve.